- contacting us;
- using our website;
- enquiring about, requesting or otherwise accessing or receiving services from us (online or in person); or
- providing Personal Information to us, our agents or our employees in any other way
after this Policy has been brought to your attention, you acknowledge and consent to the use, collection, storage or disclosure of your Personal Information by NDA in accordance with this Policy.
NDA is an Australian law firm, and our services are directed to the Australian market. The information provided on this website is not intended for use within the European Union. Where you are a Data Subject within the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, and you choose to interact with NDA, including by providing Personal Information to NDA, you must consent to NDA’s use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
If you do not agree to NDA handling your Personal Information in the manner set out in this Policy you should not provide us with any of your Personal Information.
1. What is Personal Information?
NDA follows the definition of Personal Information given in the Privacy Act:
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
2. What kinds of Personal Information might NDA collect and hold?
NDA may collect (and hold) different Personal Information from you depending upon how you interact with us.
If you access NDA’s website, we may collect information about how you have used our site.
If you contact NDA, we may collect your name, address, e-mail address, phone number or other contact details.
NDA may also collect information about:
- the types of legal work you have enquired about;
- the way you wish to receive information from us;
- your billing and account details, and payment history;
- what matters you have engaged us on in the past;
- your individual needs;
- what services you are requesting or enquiring about; and
- the manner in which we have communicated with you in the past.
3. How does NDA collect Personal Information?
NDA collects Personal Information:
- directly from you (when we contact you, when you contact us, when you fill in a form on our website, when you meet with us in person or on the phone, or when you otherwise communicate with us);
- from third parties who you have authorised to provide NDA with information;
- from other professionals we work with (such as barristers); and
- from publicly available information and databases.
4. How does NDA hold and secure your Personal Information?
We store your Personal Information in secure storage on site, on secure cloud servers, and in digital format on password protected computers.
5. Why does NDA collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information?
NDA may collect Personal Information for a number of reasons, including:
- providing you with services;
- co-ordinating the provision of services with third party providers;
- administering our practice;
- providing you with information about NDA’s services;
- developing or refining our services;
- internal business purposes;
- providing you with marketing material;
- contacting you in relation to NDA’s business activities; and
- corporate governance, accounting, auditing and record keeping.
NDA’s use of Personal Information may extend beyond these uses, but will be restricted to purposes that we consider to be related to our functions and activities.
6. What does NDA do with your Personal Information?
If NDA collects Personal Information from you, we may:
- use that information for any of the purposes in clause 5 of this Policy;
- store that information in accordance with this Policy;
- pass that information to third parties who provide products or services to us; or
- provide that information to third parties as required by law.
7. Do we ever send your information overseas?
We use practice management and email services which may involve your information being stored or transmitting through servers located in the United States of America. Wherever possible, we ensure that 256 bit AES security is used to secure your information when stored overseas.
8. Can you access your Personal Information or request it be corrected?
- You may request access to the Personal Information that NDA holds about you by contacting us via any of the methods as set out in clause 11, (an Access Request).
- Upon receiving an Access Request, NDA may request further details from you to verify your identity. NDA reserves the right not to provide you with access to Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity to our reasonable satisfaction.
- An administrative fee may be charged to cover NDA’s costs in providing you with access to your Personal Information. This fee will be explained to you before it has been incurred.
- NDA will respond to your Access Request within a reasonable period of time by:
- providing you with access to your Personal Information;
- rejecting your Access Request, and providing you reasons for this rejection.
- Access Requests may be denied where:
- NDA believes your request is frivolous or vexatious;
- NDA is entitled to reject it by law;
- NDA is unable to verify your identity; or
- you have not paid the administrative fees referred to in clause 8(c),
- If you believe that the Personal Information that NDA holds is inaccurate or otherwise requires correction, you may send NDA a correction request by contacting NDA by any of the methods set out in clause 11. NDA will review your Personal Information and respond to the request within a reasonable period of time.
9. What happens if you want to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym?
You can deal with NDA either anonymously or by using a pseudonym if you choose. If, however, you do so we may not be able to provide you with accurate or useful information, and you may not be able to access a full range of our services.
10. Does this policy ever change?
11. What happens if you have a question or complaint about how NDA has handled your Personal Information?
If you have a question or complaint, you can raise it with us by:
Email [email protected]
Telephone (08) 7111 2999
Facsimile (08) 7111 2990
Postal Level 11, 178 North Terrace Adelaide SA 5000
NDA takes all complaints seriously and will respond to you within a reasonable period of time, unless we considers your complaint to be frivolous or vexatious.